Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Crush Creamsicle Cake


I wanted to bake a cake and my son, Jared, asked for a creamsicle cake. I never baked one before but I found one of the easiest recipes that I thought I'd give it a try. And since this cake required very little I thought I could just whip it up in no time.
You can find the recipe here. Although, I altered it a bit.I added 4 more ounces of soda and one small box of vanilla pudding mix. I put vanilla orange flavored wafers in between the layers and sprinkled crushed walnuts on top.






Now, I am one of those moms that never, never let my kids lick the beaters. This is what they hear me say when they ask for one, "No, it's raw egg and that can be dangerous." But this cake does not have any egg so I licked one of the beaters and it tasted exactly like a creamsicle.

This is how it looked when I added the orange Crush.

Follow the recipe for baking instructions.

First layer of cake with frosting then a layer of the vanilla wafers.Spread frosting on top to fill the cracks between each cookie.
Another layer of frosting, cake and cookies. 
The taste was absolutely amazing and quite surprisingly so it did taste like a creamsicle. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are like a welcomed friend: stop by anytime, it's always good to hear from you.